We offer competitive fostering allowances for our Foster Carers
The rewards that come exclusively with fostering are priceless, but we understand it’s important that Foster Carers are recompensed with financial benefits too. That is why, alongside our unrivalled training and support, we offer a leading fostering allowance.
A competitive allowance is rewarded to you as a Foster Carer for your valued work, and to ensure the upkeep of children placed into your care. We also offer extra payments for festivities, birthdays and holidays and the option to join our pension scheme!
There are set standards from the government that we follow, regarding foster carer pay. There are a number of factors involved with the amount of fostering allowance provided, including:
- Location – where you live geographically
- Service – which type of fostering you use
- Age – the age of your foster placement
- Needs – any specific needs of the foster placement
- Skills – your skills and experience
When you become a Foster Carer, you will need to register as self-employed and file tax returns. As a Foster Carer you’ll have different tax rules including:
- Tax relief for every week you foster a child
- £10,000 tax-free allowance
The fostering allowance covers you for:
- Costs that come with looking after a child;
including household expenses, food, clothing, pocket money etc.
- Recompense to you for your time and care;
to reward you for providing a caring, stable and nurturing home for a foster child.