Supervising Social Worker
Supervising Social Worker
Salary: £29,000 - £34,000 Per Annum
Working Pattern: 37 hours per week, 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday-Friday with on call rota at evenings and weekends
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supervising Social Worker to join the team at Nexus Fostering. We are looking for a passionate and dedicated social worker to be based at our 3 Counties office, which covers Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire and surrounding areas.
As Supervising Social Worker you will provide a high level of supervision and support to foster carers, as well as the children/young people with complex needs placed with them.
You will be responsible for the recruitment, assessment and approval of foster carers (Form F model) and present written reports to the fostering panel. You will also be required to undertake independent visits, building positive and trusting relationships.
The successful candidate will need to be able to confidently provide training and support to foster carers and operate within the current legislation, regulations and guidance set out for fostering services.
You will be responsible for ensuring that children’s care and development needs are met within placements by undertaking necessary placement management, planning and intervention for both emergency and planned referrals.
What we’re looking for…
- Dip SW/CQSW/Social Work Degree and current SWE registration
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence and have access to a vehicle for work purposes
- Willing to undertake an enhanced DBS
- Experience of working to targets and performance indicators
- Have experience in children’s services and foster care delivery
- Willing to participate in an out of hours telephone support system and undertake occasional out of hours/weekend work by attending events, meetings and training
- Share a commitment to Equal Opportunities in all work practices and to improving the lives of Looked After Children.
Why work for us?
- Generous Annual Leave - 28 days PLUS your Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Birthday Leave - a paid day off for your birthday
- Good Health Days - no sickness in a 6 month period and get an additional day off!
- Refer A Friend Scheme with a monetary incentive
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Platform that provides access to advice and support 24/7
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Optional Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Optional Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave/Shared Parental Leave.