placements officer – harrow
placements officer – harrow
salary: £18,000 – £23,000
working pattern: 35 hours per week, 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday-Friday
who are we?
Nexus Fostering is a well-established and highly regarded independent fostering agency. Set up in 2002 by qualified and experienced social workers, Nexus Fostering continues to be owned and run by the same founding team today.
We have been rated ‘Outstanding’ for three consecutive inspections since 2011 and are dedicated to improving the lives of looked after children.
We work in close partnership with local authorities to identify and meet the needs of their children, providing safe, secure and therapeutic placements. We work hard to ensure children experience love, care, nurture and stability with our carers.
We are looking for an organised, enthusiastic and capable Placement Officer to join our Harrow team.
As Placement Officer, you will be responding to placement requests and ensuring the highest possible standard of appropriate placements for children and young people referred to Nexus Fostering.
You will be working closely with Local Authority Placement Teams and the Placements Manager to ensure that each child or young person is carefully matched with a carer capable of meeting their needs.
You will be responsible for maintaining a database of information relating to referrals, customers, children, young people and foster carers, including records of movements of children within the agency.
As Placement Officer, you will be liaising with Local Authority customers to promote the services of Nexus Fostering and ensuring that the protection of children, and the promotion of their welfare, is given absolute priority in all activities.
what we’re looking for…
- Experience in customer service, account management or sales environment
- A proven track record in obtaining and maintaining clients, increasing sales or providing customer support solutions
- Demonstrate experience in producing clear, accurate and concise reports and correspondence using IT software packages
- Experience of utilising a range of IT programmes and maintaining database systems
- Strong communication skills, forward thinking, able to work under pressure whilst remaining calm.
why work for us?
- Generous Annual Leave – 28 days PLUS your Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Birthday Leave – a paid day off for your birthday
- Good Health Days – no sickness in a 6 month period and get an additional day off!
- Refer A Friend Scheme with a monetary incentive
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Platform that provides access to advice and support 24/7
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Optional Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Optional Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave/Shared Parental Leave
everyone is welcome…
Diversity and inclusion are the principles for how we build our teams and Nexus Fostering strives to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are valued and celebrated. We want a workforce which represents the communities we serve and work, to ensure no applicant or employee is treated unfairly on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion or identity. We recognise and value the individual differences and contributions of all employees and believe that by working together we can achieve equality for all.