family support worker – harrow
family support worker – harrow
Salary: £17,000 - £24,500 per annum
Working Pattern: 37 hours per week, flexible working pattern to include evenings and weekends
who are we?
Nexus Fostering is a well-established and highly regarded independent fostering agency. Set up in 2002 by qualified and experienced social workers, Nexus Fostering continues to be owned and run by the same founding team today.
We have been rated ‘Outstanding’ for three consecutive inspections since 2011 and are dedicated to improving the lives of looked after children.
We work in close partnership with local authorities to identify and meet the needs of their children, providing safe, secure and therapeutic placements. We work hard to ensure children experience love, care, nurture and stability with our carers.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Family Support Worker to join our Harrow team.
We are looking for a determined and compassionate Family Support Worker to support the fostering household and children/young people in placement, according to their needs as defined by the Placement Plan.
You will work closely with the Supervising Social Worker and Area Manager to enhance placement stability and to build positive relationships with the children/young people and fostering household.
As Family Support Worker you will support a child/young person’s progress in the Nexus Fostering 360 foster placement by working with them in the community, in leisure activities or at school, within a therapeutic framework. Specifically, to provide one to one support to children/young people, and provide necessary respite for carers. You will also contribute to planning activity days for foster carer families and children/young people.
The successful candidate will also attend and participate in events aimed at recruiting prospective foster carers and complete initial visits to households expressing an interest in fostering.
For this role, willingness to travel and use of a car is essential as the successful applicant will be required to support foster carers and visit placements across the Greater London area.
what we’re looking for…
To apply for this position, it is essential you:
- Are willing to work flexible hours, including non-office hours and at weekends
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence and have a vehicle
- Are willing to undertake an enhanced DBS
- Experience within child care
- An understanding of challenging behaviours and trauma
- A good understanding of the needs of looked after children
- Share a commitment to Equal Opportunities in all work practices and to improving the lives of Looked After Children.
why work for us?
- Generous Annual Leave – 28 days PLUS your Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Birthday Leave – a paid day off for your birthday
- Good Health Days – no sickness in a 6 month period and get an additional day off!
- Refer A Friend Scheme with a monetary incentive
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Platform that provides access to advice and support 24/7
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Optional Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
want to find out more?
If you would like more information regarding this role, please contact email@example.com and one of our Recruitment Advisors will be happy to discuss further.
everyone is welcome…
Diversity and inclusion are the principles for how we build our teams and Nexus Fostering strives to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are valued and celebrated. We want a workforce which represents the communities we serve and work, to ensure no applicant or employee is treated unfairly on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion or identity. We recognise and value the individual differences and contributions of all employees and believe that by working together we can achieve equality for all.