deputy area manager – hornchurch
deputy area manager – hornchurch
Salary: £38,000 Plus (Depending on Experience)
Working Pattern: 37 hours per week, 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday-Friday with on call rota at evenings and weekends
Who are we?
Nexus Fostering is a well-established and highly regarded independent fostering agency. Set up in 2002 by qualified and experienced social workers, Nexus Fostering continues to be owned and run by the same founding team today.
We have been rated 'Outstanding’ for three consecutive inspections since 2011 and are dedicated to improving the lives of looked after children.
We work in close partnership with local authorities to identify and meet the needs of their children, providing safe, secure and therapeutic placements. We work hard to ensure children experience love, care, nurture and stability with our carers.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Area Manager to join our Hornchurch team.
- To support the Area Manager and the local team through consultation, supervision and discussion and to deputise for the Area Manager in their absence.
- To provide support and advice to the local staff team and attend meetings as allocated by the Area Manager.
- To participate in the active recruitment of foster carers.
- To undertake assessments of foster carers and present written reports to the fostering panel.
- To assist in preparation training for prospective foster carers.
- To participate and present post-approval training for foster carers.
- To undertake office based duties and the matching of both emergency and planned referrals to available fostering households.
- To take part in the local out of hours support and advice service for foster carers.
- To manage a caseload of foster carers and the children and young people placed with them, providing a high level of supervision and support.
- To participate actively in supervision and continue to develop skills and knowledge in relation to the field of childcare and fostering.
- To ensure that all administration required for placements is undertaken efficiently and promptly, keeping accurate and up to date records of visits to foster carers, meetings, significant occurrences etc.
- To co-operate and communicate fully with Local Authority staff as appropriate.
- To ensure prompt and procedurally correct response to any safeguarding matter in any context.
- To participate in the procedure for annual and other reviews of fosters carers.
- To operate as a full team member, co-operating with demands of agency and other staff.
- To provide supervision to student social workers undertaking professional training and assigned to this agency.
- To provide supervision to newly qualified Social Workers completing their post qualification AYSE training.
For this role, willingness to travel and use of a car is essential as the successful applicant will be required to support foster carers and visit placements across the South East area.
What we’re looking for….
- Recognised Social Work Qualification, CQSW, CSS, DipSW
- GSCC registration
- Post qualifying experience of fostering or looked after children work
- Experience of assessing and supervising foster carers.
- Knowledge and understanding of safe guarding issues.
- Knowledge of relevant current childcare legislation and current legislation, regulations and guidance set out for fostering services.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- Generous Annual Leave - 28 days PLUS your Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Birthday Leave - a paid day off for your birthday
- Good Health Days - no sickness in a 6 month period and get an additional day off!
- Refer A Friend Scheme with a monetary incentive
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Platform that provides access to advice and support 24/7
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Optional Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Optional Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave/Shared Parental Leave
Everyone is welcome…
Diversity and Inclusion are the principles for how we build our teams and Nexus Fostering strives to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are valued and celebrated. We want a workforce which represents the communities we serve and work to ensure no applicant or employee is treated unfairly on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion or identity. We recognise and value the individual differences and contributions of all employees and believe that by working together we can achieve equality for all.