clinician for foster carers
clinician for foster carers
Job Title: Clinician For Foster Carers
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 Pro Rata (DOE)
Working Pattern: Flexible working pattern. Minimum 2 days a week to include a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
Who are we?
Nexus Fostering is a well-established and highly regarded independent fostering agency. Set up in 2002 by qualified and experienced social workers, Nexus Fostering continues to be owned and run by the same founding team today.
We have been rated ‘Outstanding’ for three consecutive inspections since 2011 and are dedicated to improving the lives of looked after children.
We work in close partnership with local authorities to identify and meet the needs of their children, providing safe, secure and therapeutic placements. We work hard to ensure children experience love, care, nurture and stability with our carers.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Clinician to offer therapeutic support to foster carers within the Nexus Care+ and 360 packages.
As Clinician you will draw on a range of therapeutic approaches to offer support and strategies to our foster carers.
- Write therapeutic care plans for each foster carer to support the placement
- Review therapeutic care plans in accordance with Nexus’ policies and procedures
- Offer therapeutic clinic time to individual foster carers
- Write up accurate and GDPR compliant clinic notes
- Attend TATC Meetings as required by Nexus Fostering
- Attend professional meetings as required by Nexus Fostering
- Liaise with other professionals within the Nexus Fostering
- Liaise with other professionals outside of Nexus Fostering as appropriate
- Report any Safeguarding Concerns to the DSL/Clinical Lead
- Attend and take part in fortnightly group supervision
- Any other duties that are reasonable required by Nexus
What we’re looking for…
- Post qualifying experience 2 years+
- Educated to degree level or above
- Experience of working with Looked After Children and families (desirable)
- Experience of working with children and young people (desirable)
- Good working knowledge of trauma informed and attachment based approaches
- Experience of undertaking and formulating assessments
- Registered with UKCP, BACP, ACP or HCPC
- Access to own car and clean driving licence
Why work for us?
- Generous Annual Leave – 28 days PLUS your Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Birthday Leave – a paid day off for your birthday
- Good Health Days – no sickness in a 6 month period and get an additional day off!
- Refer A Friend Scheme with a monetary incentive
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Platform that provides access to advice and support 24/7
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Optional Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Optional Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave/Shared Parental Leave
Everyone is welcome…
Diversity and inclusion are the principles for how we build our teams and Nexus Fostering strives to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are valued and celebrated. We want a workforce which represents the communities we serve and work, to ensure no applicant or employee is treated unfairly on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion or identity. We recognise and value the individual differences and contributions of all employees and believe that by working together we can achieve equality for all.