area manager – Cambridge
area manager – Cambridge
Job Title: Area Manager
Salary: £42,000 Plus (DOE)
Working Pattern: 37 hours per week, 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday-Friday with on call rota at evenings and weekends
Who are we?
Nexus Fostering is a well-established and highly regarded independent fostering agency. Set up in 2002 by qualified and experienced social workers, Nexus Fostering continues to be owned and run by the same founding team today.
We have been rated ‘Outstanding’ for three consecutive inspections since 2011 and are dedicated to improving the lives of looked after children.
We work in close partnership with local authorities to identify and meet the needs of their children, providing safe, secure and therapeutic placements. We work hard to ensure children experience love, care, nurture and stability with our carers.
- Formal supervision and management of al/some staff in the local office
- Management, guidance and support of local administrative and support staff thus ensuring administrative tasks are completed in an effective and efficient manner
- Ensure children and young people in placement are visited regularly in line with Nexus Fostering procedures, and referred for specialist services as appropriate and offered training.
- Ensure foster carers are annually reviewed in line with regulatory framework.
- Establish and maintain support groups for foster carers.
- Consult with Placements Manager to identify appropriate placements.
- Delegated responsibility for local finance approval and accountability with responsibility for local budget.
- Ensure recording systems for children, carers and staff are established and maintained in line with Nexus Fostering procedures.
- Ensure statutory regulations are fulfilled relating to good professional fostering practice.
- Liaise and negotiate with Local Authorities in relation to children in placement.
- Meet regularly with Local Authorities to ensure that the principles of partnership are upheld and positive working relationships are developed.
- Convene and chair local team meetings.
- Recognised Social Work qualification, DipSW/CQSW/CSS.
- SWE Registration
- Demonstrable post qualification experience
- Managerial experience
- Knowledge and understanding of child protection
- Knowledge of all relevant current childcare legislation and the current legislation, regulations and guidance set out for fostering services
- Full clean driving licence and supply own vehicle
- Clear and concise communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to work some anti-social hours (weekends, evenings)
Why work for us?
- Generous Annual Leave – 28 days PLUS your Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Birthday Leave – a paid day off for your birthday
- Good Health Days – no sickness in a 6 month period and get an additional day off!
- Refer A Friend Scheme with a monetary incentive
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Platform that provides access to advice and support 24/7
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Optional Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Optional Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave/Shared Parental Leave
Everyone is welcome…
Diversity and inclusion are the principles for how we build our teams and Nexus Fostering strives to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are valued and celebrated. We want a workforce which represents the communities we serve and work, to ensure no applicant or employee is treated unfairly on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion or identity. We recognise and value the individual differences and contributions of all employees and believe that by working together we can achieve equality for all.