Area Manager (Cambridge)
Area Manager (Cambridge)
Salary: £45,000 Plus (Depending On Experience)
Working Pattern: 37 hours per week, 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday-Friday with on call rota at evenings and weekends
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Area Manager to join the team at Nexus Fostering. We are looking for a passionate and dedicated manager to be based at our Cambridge office, which covers Cambridgeshire & Northamptonshire.
As Area Manager you will be responsible for the formal supervision and management of staff in the local offices. You will provide guidance and support for local staff and ensure that all statutory regulations are met relating to good professional fostering practice. You will also ensure that recording systems for children, carers and staff are established and maintained in line with Nexus Fostering procedures.
You will consult with the Placements Manager to identify appropriate placements and ensure that children and young people in placement are visited regularly in line with Nexus Fostering procedures and referred for specialist services as appropriate. You will also make sure that foster carers are annually reviewed in line with regulatory framework and establish and maintain support groups for foster carers.
You will liaise with Local Authorities in relation to children in placement and meet regularly with them to ensure that the principles of partnership are upheld, and positive working relationships are developed.
What we’re looking for…
- Recognised Social Work qualification, DipSW/CQSW/CSS.
- SWE Registration
- Demonstrable post qualification experience
- Managerial experience
- Knowledge and understanding of child protection
- Knowledge of all relevant current childcare legislation and the current legislation, regulations and guidance set out for fostering services
- Full clean driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes
- Clear and concise communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to work some anti-social hours (weekends, evenings)
Why work for us?
- Generous Annual Leave - 28 days PLUS your Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Birthday Leave - a paid day off for your birthday
- Good Health Days - no sickness in a 6 month period and get an additional day off!
- Refer A Friend Scheme with a monetary incentive
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Platform that provides access to advice and support 24/7
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Optional Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Optional Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave/Shared Parental Leave.