area administrator – birmingham
area administrator – birmingham
job title: Area Administrator
salary: £16,000 - £19,000 per annum
working pattern: 35 hours per week, 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday-Friday
who are we?
Nexus Fostering is a well-established and highly regarded independent fostering agency. Set up in 2002 by qualified and experienced social workers, Nexus Fostering continues to be owned and run by the same founding team today.
We have been rated ‘Outstanding’ for three consecutive inspections since 2011 and are dedicated to improving the lives of looked after children.
We work in close partnership with local authorities to identify and meet the needs of their children, providing safe, secure and therapeutic placements. We work hard to ensure children experience love, care, nurture and stability with our carers.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an organised and proactive Area Administrator to join our Birmingham office.
As Area Administrator you will work as part of the local team providing a range of administrative support. You will be responsible for opening and closing the office, meeting and greeting visitors and foster carers, as well as answering the telephone and directing calls and messages.
You will make sure that all system files are up to date and accurate, and will undertake file audits as and when requested by the Team Manager. You will also be responsible for minute taking at meetings, as well as typing correspondence, reports and other documents as requested.
You will assist with the organisation of events with the local team, and will provide the necessary admin support to facilitate any training in the local area.
You will be responsible for setting up new carer induction packs, managing stationary supplies and updating the calendar/diary system in the office.
what we’re looking for…
To apply for this position, it is essential you have:
- RSA Typing or typing speed of no less than 35 words per minute
- Administration work experience in an office environment
- Experience of utilising a range of IT programmes and maintaining database systems.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word & Excel.
- Ability to work with confidential information and adhere to GDPR.
why work for us?
- Generous Annual Leave – 28 days PLUS your Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Birthday Leave – a paid day off for your birthday
- Good Health Days – no sickness in a 6 month period and get an additional day off!
- Refer A Friend Scheme with a monetary incentive
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Platform that provides access to advice and support 24/7
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Optional Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Cycle To Work Scheme
want to find out more?
If you would like more information regarding this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our Recruitment Advisors will be happy to discuss further.
everyone is welcome…
Diversity and inclusion are the principles for how we build our teams and Nexus Fostering strives to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are valued and celebrated. We want a workforce which represents the communities we serve and work, to ensure no applicant or employee is treated unfairly on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion or identity. We recognise and value the individual differences and contributions of all employees and believe that by working together we can achieve equality for all.