become a foster carer!
Therapeutic Lead - £38,000 - £43,000 per annum based on experience - 37 hours per week – Permanent - Full time – Anglia Office
Do you want to work for a Foster Care agency that has been graded as 'Outstanding’ by Ofsted?
Do you want to work for a Foster Care agency that cares as much about its staff as it does about their children and young people?
If you answered yes to the above questions then Nexus Fostering are looking for a person just like you!
- Responsible for growth/recruitment of specialist foster carers;
- Visiting all carers in assessment identified to care for children/young people on supported services, prior to approval;
- Delivering training/workshops (at office/ carers home) on supported fostering services.
The six workshops will cover:
- Caring for teenagers;
- Trauma & vicarious trauma and resilience;
- Managing challenging behaviours – different therapeutic perspectives;
- The professional foster carer and the role of the support network;
- Interrupted development;
- Supported fostering workshop.
- Ensuring full service delivery in line with LA contracts; to include attending meetings with procurement/ commissioning;
- Recruiting and managing Support Workers/FSW;
- Monthly supervision of Support Workers/FSW’s;
- Complete and review outreach support care plan for child/ young person alongside SSW;
- Attending/chairing TATC meetings and responsible for content of minutes distributed to network of professionals;
- 1:1 work in/with the children and young people’s respective schools to ensure they have an understanding of and develop strategies to support these LAC’s emotional and behavioural needs;
- Organise and manage 360 carer support groups
- Responsible for developing buddying scheme for specialist foster carers across these two teams;
- Covering gaps where SSW’s are not available for meetings;
- Responsible for specialised foster carers induction (joint visit with the SSW);
- Co-ordination of respite for 360 placements
- Attend team meetings;
- Attend therapeutic clinics where needed to enhance knowledge of the foster carer’s need for support;
- Attend Studio 3 training to keep informed with the therapeutic models/approaches shared with the foster carers and teams;
Offering consultancy and support to social workers managing specialist placements (in the absence of their manager)
- Social Work and or Therapeutic qualification / experience
- Experience and knowledge of working with children who have experienced trauma
- Understanding of Safeguarding
- Delivering training
- Dip SW/CQSW/Social Work Degree/GSCC registration/PQ award and current HCPC registration.
- Full clean driver’s licence and supply own vehicle
Who we are?
Nexus Fostering is a well-established and highly regarded fostering agency. Set up in 2002 by qualified and experienced social workers. Nexus Fostering place a high premium on the quality of support and care we provide to every one of our Foster Carers and, in turn, the children and young people placed with them. Nexus Fostering has been awarded 'Outstanding’ by Ofsted.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday in your first year
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a further day off)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Fostertalk membership
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme
- Optional Private healthcare scheme.
- Death in Service
Please apply with your CV and an application form will be sent to you
CV to: email@example.com