become a foster carer!
Supervising Social Worker, £29,000 -£33,000 per annum
Nexus Fostering is an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ Independent Fostering Agency. We work in close partnership with local authorities to identify and meet the needs of their children, and provide safe and secure placements.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, independent and skilled Social Worker to join the team. As Supervising Social Worker you will have a manageable caseload of around 10 carers, and will work within a dedicated team to improve the outcomes and lives of looked after children. You will work closely with the foster carers, children and partner professionals to ensure care plans are achieved.
- To be responsible for up to 10 active and complex cases.
- To complete Form F assessments.
- Out of hours duty rota
- To participate in IV’s and training as allocated.
- To operate within the current legislation, regulations and guidance set out for Fostering Services.
- To participate in the active recruitment of foster carers.
- To undertake professional assessments of foster carers, (currently Form F model) and present written reports to the fostering panel.
- To assist in providing preparation training for prospective foster carers.
- To participate and present post-approval training for foster carers.
- To undertake office based duties and the matching of both emergency and planned referrals to available resources.
- To take part in our out of hours support and advice service for all foster carers.
- To manage a caseload of foster carers and the children and young people with complex needs placed with them, providing a high level of supervision and support.
- To maintain client confidentiality in accordance with the Data Protection Act and other objectives or guidance.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of him/herself and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions and co-operate with management to enable management to carry out their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act. Employees have equal responsibility with the company for health and safety at work.
- This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and you are expected to share this commitment.
- To undertake any other duties that could reasonably fall within the scope of this post it is the nature of Nexus Fostering that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff, therefore, are expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description have to be undertaken. Any other duties will be dependent upon the post holder’s areas of expertise, knowledge and skills and with regard to the level of responsibility afforded to the post.
- Dip SW/CQSW/Social Work Degree/GSCC registration/PQ award and current HCPC registration (Social work England).
- Ability to manage and support foster carers.
- Experience of assessing and supervising foster carers is desirable.
- Full clean driver’s licence and supply own vehicle
- Part of Out of hours duty rota.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday in your first year
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a further day off)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Fostertalk membership
Optional Private healthcare scheme.
Send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.