become a foster carer!
ASYE Applications Accepted
£29,000 - £34,000 per annum
Nexus Fostering is an Ofsted rated 'Outstanding’ Independent Fostering Agency. We work in close partnership with local authorities to identify and meet the needs of their children, to provide safe, secure and therapeutic placements.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, independent and skilled social worker to work with both specialist and mainstream placements. To manage a caseload of up to 12 carers and work within a dedicated team to improve the outcomes and lives of looked after children.
- To operate within the current legislation, regulations and guidance set out for Fostering Services.
- To participate in the active recruitment of foster carers.
- To undertake professional assessments of foster carers, (currently Form F model) and present written reports to the fostering panel.
- To assist in preparation training for prospective foster carers.
- To participate and present post-approval training for foster carers.
- To undertake office based duties and the matching of both emergency and planned referrals to available resources.
- To take part in our out of hours support and advice service for all foster carers.
- To manage a caseload of foster carers and the children and young people with complex needs placed with them, providing a high level of supervision and support.
- To actively participate in supervision and continue to develop skills and knowledge in relation to the field of childcare and fostering.
- To ensure that all placements administration is undertaken efficiently and promptly.
- To co-operate and communicate fully with Local Authority personnel as appropriate.
- To ensure prompt and procedurally correct response to any child protection matter in any context.
- To participate in procedure for annual and other reviews of fosters carers.
- To keep accurate and up to date records of visits to foster carers, meetings, significant occurrences etc.
- To operate as a full team member, co-operating with demands of agency and other personnel.
- To maintain client confidentiality in accordance with GDPR and other objectives or guidance.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions and co-operate with management to enable management to carry out their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act. Employees have equal responsibility with the company for health and safety at work.
- This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and you are expected to share this commitment.
- To undertake any other duties that could reasonably fall within the scope of this post.
- Dip SW/CQSW/Social Work Degree/GSCC registration/PQ award and current SCE/SWE registration
- Ability to manage and support foster carers.
- Experience of assessing and supervising foster carers is desirable but not essential.
- Full clean driver’s licence and supply own vehicle.
- Part of out of hours duty rota.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday in your first year
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a further day off after probation)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Fostertalk membership
- Optional Private healthcare scheme
Everyone is welcome…
Diversity and inclusion are the principles for how we build our teams and Nexus Fostering strives to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are valued and celebrated. We want a workforce which represents the communities we serve and work to ensure no applicant or employee is treated unfairly on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion or identity. We recognise and value the individual differences and contributions of all employees and believe that by working together we can achieve equality for all.
Closing Date - 23/11/2020
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.