make an enquiry!
Supervising Social Worker / Senior Supervising Social Worker - Cambridge - £25,000-£34,000 per annum based on experience - 37 hours per week - Permanent - Full time.
Do you want to work for a Foster Care agency that has been graded as 'Outstanding’ by Ofsted?
Do you want to work for a Foster Care agency that cares as much about its staff as it does about their children and young people?
If you answered yes to the above questions then Nexus Fostering are looking for a person just like you!
Main Purpose of Job
To provide range of tasks necessary for the recruitment, assessment, training, support and supervision of foster carers for an independent fostering agency.
To ensure all children/young people’s outcomes are improving in placements.
- To be responsible for up to 8 active and complex cases.
- To complete Form F assessments.
- To participate in IV’s and training as allocated.
- To operate within the current legislation, regulations and guidance set out for Fostering Services.
- To participate in the active recruitment of foster carers.
- To undertake professional assessments of foster carers, (currently Form F model) and present written reports to the fostering panel.
- To assist in providing preparation training for prospective foster carers.
- To participate and present post-approval training for foster carers.
- To undertake office based duties and the matching of both emergency and planned referrals to available resources.
- To take part in our out of hours support and advice service for all foster carers.
- To manage a caseload of foster carers and the children and young people with complex needs placed with them, providing a high level of supervision and support.
- To maintain client confidentiality in accordance with the Data Protection Act and other objectives or guidance.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of him/herself and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions and co-operate with management to enable management to carry out their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act. Employees have equal responsibility with the company for health and safety at work.
- This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and you are expected to share this commitment.
- To undertake any other duties that could reasonably fall within the scope of this post it is the nature of Nexus Fostering that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff, therefore, are expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description have to be undertaken. Any other duties will be dependent upon the post holder’s areas of expertise, knowledge and skills and with regard to the level of responsibility afforded to the post.
- Dip SW/CQSW/Social Work Degree/GSCC registration/PQ award and current HCPC registration.
- Ability to manage and support foster carers.
- Experience of assessing and supervising foster carers is desirable.
- Full clean driver’s licence and supply own vehicle
Who we are?
Nexus Fostering is a well-established and highly regarded fostering agency. Set up in 2002 by qualified and experienced social workers. Nexus Fostering place a high premium on the quality of support and care we provide to every one of our Foster Carers and, in turn, the children and young people placed with them. Nexus Fostering has been awarded 'Outstanding’ by Ofsted.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday in your first year
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a further day off)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Fostertalk membership
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme
- Optional Private healthcare scheme.
Please apply with your CV and an application form will be sent to you.
CV to: email@example.com