become a foster carer!
Social Care Practitioner
Full Time – Permanent
£21,000 - £25,000 per annum
Nexus Fostering is an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ Independent Fostering Agency. We work in close partnership with local authorities to identify and meet the needs of their children, and provide safe, secure and therapeutic placements.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, independent and skilled Social Care Practitioner to join our team. As Social Care Practitioner you will have a manageable case load of up to 8 carers, and will work within a team dedicated to improving the outcomes and lives of looked after children. You will work closely with foster carers, children and partner professionals to ensure care plans are achieved.. You will work closely with the foster carers, children and partner professionals to ensure all children/young people’s outcomes are improving in placements.
- To operate within the current legislation, regulations and guidance set out for fostering services
- To participate in the active recruitment of foster carers
- To undertake professional assessments of foster carers, (currently Form F model) alongside your manager and present written reports to the fostering panel
- To assist preparation training for prospective foster carers
- To assist and present post-approval training for foster carers
- To undertake office based duties and the matching of both emergency and planned referrals to available resources.
- To take part in our out of hours support and advice service for all foster carers
- To manage a caseload of foster carers and the children and young people placed with them, providing a high level of supervision and support
- To actively participate in supervision and continue to develop skills and knowledge in relation to the field of childcare and fostering
- To co-operate and communicate fully with Local Authority staff as appropriate
- To ensure prompt and procedurally correct response to any safe guarding matter in any context.
- To participate in procedure for annual and other reviews of fosters carers
- To ensure all administration required for placements is undertaken efficiently and promptly and maintain accurate and up to date records of visits to foster carers, meetings, significant occurrences etc
- To operate as a full team member, co-operating with requests of agency and other staff.
- To complete regular training and professional development
- To maintain client confidentiality in accordance with GDPR and other objectives or guidance.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of self and of other persons.
- To co-operate with managers to enable them to carry out their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act. Employees have equal responsibility with the company for health and safety at work.
- Experience of direct work with Looked After Children and foster carers.
- Knowledge and understanding of child protection issues.
- Knowledge of all relevant current childcare legislation and the current legislation, regulations and guidance set out for fostering services.
- Clear and concise communication skills – verbal and written.
- Ability to work with children and families.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday in your first year
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a further day off after probation)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Fostertalk membership
- Optional Private healthcare scheme.
Everyone is welcome…
Diversity and Inclusion are the principles for how we build our teams and Nexus Fostering strives to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are valued and celebrated. We want a workforce which represents the communities we serve and work to ensure no applicant or employee is treated unfairly on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion or identity. We recognise and value the individual differences and contributions of all employees and believe that by working together we can achieve equality for all.
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org