0800 389 0143
Social Care Practitioner - £18,000 - £22,000 per annum based on experience - 37 hours per week – Permanent - Full time – Anglia
Do you want to work for a Foster Care agency that has been graded as 'Outstanding’ by Ofsted?
Do you want to work for a Foster Care agency that cares as much about its staff as it does about their children and young people?
If you answered yes to the above questions then Nexus Fostering are looking for a person just like you!
Main Purpose of Job
To provide a range of tasks necessary for the recruitment, assessment, training, support and supervision of foster carers for independent fostering agency.
To ensure all children/young people’s outcomes are improving in placements.
• To operate within the current legislation, regulations and guidance set out for fostering Services.
• To participate in the active recruitment of foster carers.
• To undertake professional assessments of foster carers, (currently Form F model) alongside your manager and present written reports to the fostering panel.
• To assist preparation training for prospective foster carers.
• To participate and present post-approval training for foster carers.
• To undertake office based duties and the matching of both emergency and planned referrals to available resources.
• To take part in our out of hours support and advice service for all foster carers.
• To manage a caseload of foster carers and the children and young people placed with them, providing a high level of supervision and support.
• To actively participate in supervision and continue to develop skills and knowledge in relation to the field of childcare and fostering.
• To ensure that all administration required for placements is undertaken efficiently and promptly.
• To co-operate and communicate fully with Local Authority personnel as appropriate.
• To ensure prompt and procedurally correct response to any child protection matter in any context.
• To participate in procedure for annual and other reviews of foster carers.
• To keep accurate and up to date records of visits to foster carers, meetings, significant occurrences etc.
• To operate as a full team member, co-operating with demands of agency and other personnel.
• To maintain client confidentiality in accordance with the Data Protection Act and other objectives or guidance.
• To take reasonable care for the health and safety of him/herself and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions and co-operate with management to enable management to carry out their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act. Employees have equal responsibility with the company for health and safety at work.
• This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and you are expected to share this commitment.
• To undertake any other duties that could reasonably fall within the scope of this post.
Must have a valid driving licence and access to a car.
This job description sets out the major duties associated with the stated purpose of the post. It is assumed that the other duties of a similar level/nature undertaken within the section are not excluded simply because they are not itemised.
The duties of the post could vary from time to time as a result of new legislation, changes in technology or policy changes and in that case appropriate training may be given to enable the post holder to undertake this new/varied work.
Who we are?
Nexus Fostering is a well-established and highly regarded fostering agency. Set up in 2002 by qualified and experienced social workers. Nexus Fostering place a high premium on the quality of support and care we provide to every one of our Foster Carers and, in turn, the children and young people placed with them. Nexus Fostering has been awarded 'Outstanding’ by Ofsted.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
• 28 days holiday in your first year
• Birthday day off
• Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a further day off)
• Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
• Fostertalk membership
• Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme
• Optional Private healthcare scheme.
Please apply with your CV and an application form will be sent to you.
CV to: email@example.com