0800 389 0143
Sessional Support Worker - £15 per hour (£10.70 travel time and report writing. 38p mileage) - Ipswich
Must be able to work after school and weekends and be willing to travel
Must hold a clean, valid UK driving licence and have access to a car and include business insurance
Do you want to work with a Foster Care organisation who care about you and your learning and development?
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of children and young people?
If you answered yes to the above questions; Nexus Fostering are looking for a person just like you!
Who we are?
Nexus Fostering is an established Independent Fostering organisation, operating across England. We provide different services including mainstream fostering for children aged 0-18, Parent and Child placements, and we also have a Specialist Fostering Service providing more intensive therapeutic foster placements to children and young people.
The Support Worker supports the young person’s progress in the Nexus 360 foster placement. Nexus 360 is a specialist service designed to meet the needs of young people who have experienced neglect,
trauma and rejection. The child or young person’s behaviour may be difficult, presenting both challenges and rewards. It is a therapeutically led model overseen by a qualified psychologist. It offers a more intensive support package to our foster carers that includes a support worker for the child or young person.
The support worker will be working with the child or young person in the community, in leisure activities or at school. Specifically, they provide one to one support to children and young people, and provide some necessary respite for the carers. This post is for a competent worker to engage in direct, focussed work with children – to build positive relationships with the child, to model acceptable behaviour and help the child to trust and feel safe with adults. All applicants must have a valid UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
• Working closely with the Supervising Social Worker to support the foster carers and foster placement.
• Undertake direct work with the child as directed by the therapeutic team – such as targeted skills coaching with behavioural issues, promoting hobbies, addressing self-harmful behaviour.
• To deliver programmes of work which contribute to ensuring that children’s care and development needs are met, as identified in their therapeutic Care Plans and statutory LAC documents.
• Establish objectives, plan and deliver support services which promote longevity and stability in placements.
• Provide one to one support to young people on the programme within the community in a recreational context to promote and practice pro-social behaviour and problem solving skills.
• Communicate a positive regard for the young person to build and sustain a sound relationship with them.
• To identify the young person’s strengths and individual interests.
• To enable and support the young people to participate in recreational and leisure activities.
• To promote safety and assess risks associated with the young person’s behaviours and activities in the community under the direction of the Supervising Social Worker / Project Manager.
• To encourage the young person’s engagement with their care plan and goals
• Write a short report after each session with the young person.
• Keep compliance with the National Minimum Standards – Fostering Regulations.
• Team Member Responsibilities:
• To undertake practical tasks relating to the support of the placements.
• To work flexible hours including non-office hours to support young people outside of school hours and weekends.
• To observe and provide information to the therapeutic team about the social functioning and skill development of the young people in community settings.
• To attend therapeutic team meetings as required.
• To promote people’s equality, diversity, rights and responsibilities.
• To work with the therapeutic team to promote development of service and links to other agencies.
• Experience working with children with complex emotional needs
The Post Holder will be expected to undertake training and development deemed necessary for the pursuance of the post.
The Post Holder will be expected to ensure that Health and Safety is observed in the course of employment.
The Post Holder will be expected to comply with the Nexus Fostering Equal Opportunities policy in all employment practices.
The Post Holder will be expected to comply with the no smoking policy.
Please apply with your CV and an application form will be sent to you.
CVs to: email@example.com