become a foster carer!
Senior Supervising Social Worker
Permanent – Full Time
£31,000 - £35,000 per annum
Nexus Fostering is an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ Independent Fostering Agency. We work in close partnership with local authorities to identify and meet the needs of their children, and provide safe, secure and therapeutic placements.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, independent and skilled Social Worker to join our team. As Senior Supervising Social Worker you will have a manageable caseload of around 10 carers, and will work within a team dedicated to improving the outcomes and lives of looked after children. You will work closely with the foster carers, children and partner professionals to ensure care plans are achieved.
- To manage a caseload of 10 active and complex foster carers and the children and young people with complex needs placed with them, providing a high level of supervision and support.
- To participate in IV’s and training as allocated
- To coordinate/lead participation
- To coordinate/lead IV
- To lead support groups and forums
- Responsible for specialist therapeutic placements
- To operate within the current legislation, regulations and guidance set out for fostering services
- To participate in the active recruitment of foster carers
- To undertake professional assessments of foster carers, (currently Form F model) and present written reports to the fostering panel.
- To assist in providing preparation training for prospective foster carers
- To participate and present post-approval training for foster carers
- To undertake office based duties and the matching of both emergency and planned referrals to available resources
- To take part in our out of hours support and advice service for all foster carers
- To actively participate in supervision and continue to develop skills and knowledge in relation to the field of childcare and fostering.
- To co-operate and communicate fully with Local Authority staff as appropriate.
- To ensure prompt and procedurally correct response to any safe guarding matter in any context.
- To participate in procedure for annual and other reviews of foster carers
- To ensure all placements administration is undertaken efficiently and promptly and maintain accurate and up to date records of visits to foster carers, meetings, significant occurrences etc.
- To provide supervision to student social workers undertaking professional training
- To complete regular training and professional development
- To operate as a full team member, cooperating with requests of the agency and other staff
- To maintain client confidentiality in accordance with GDPR and other objectives or guidance.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of self and of other persons.
- To co-operate with managers to enable them to carry out their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act. Employees have equal responsibility with the company for health and safety at work.
- Dip SW/CQSW/Social Work Degree/
- Current SWE registration (Social Work England)
- Ability to manage and support foster carers
- Experience of working to targets and performance indicators
- Experience of assessing and supervising foster carers
- Ability/experience in working with IT systems, Microsoft software, data-base and ability to produce documents to a high standard
- Willingness to participate in an ‘out of hours’ telephone support system to foster carers and undertake occasional out of hours/weekend work by attending events, meetings and training.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday in your first year, plus bank holidays
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (no sickness in a 6 month period means an additional day off after probation)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Fostertalk membership
- Optional Private healthcare scheme
Everyone is welcome…
Diversity and Inclusion are the principles for how we build our teams and Nexus Fostering strives to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are valued and celebrated. We want a workforce which represents the communities we serve and work to ensure no applicant or employee is treated unfairly on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion or identity. We recognise and value the individual differences and contributions of all employees and believe that by working together we can achieve equality for all.
Send your application to: email@example.com