become a foster carer!
Full Time – 35 hours per week
Up to £23,000 + discretionary bonuses
Nexus Fostering is an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ Independent Fostering Agency. We work in close partnership with local authorities to identify and meet the needs of their children, and provide safe and secure placements.
We are looking for an organised, enthusiastic and capable Placements Officer to join the team. As Placements Officer, you will be responding to placement requests and identifying placement and service solutions. You will be working closely with Local Authority Placement Teams to ensure the highest possible standard of appropriate placements for children and young people referred to Nexus Fostering.
- Receive referrals, make appropriate matching decisions and record relevant information concerning children and young people on to the company’s database
- In consultation with the Placements Manager to ensure that each child or young person placed is carefully matched with a carer capable of meeting their needs
- Maintain a database of information relating to referrals, customers, children, young people and foster carers, including records of movements of children within the agency
- Provide statistical information on referral and placement trends to inform service development
- Liaise with all stakeholders regarding the placement of children and young people, ensuring all relevant agreements are obtained and completed
- Obtain funding agreements and complete Local Authority Contracts, Pre-Placement and Individual Placement Agreements
- Liaise with Local Authority customers to promote the services of Nexus Fostering
- Ensure that the protection of children and the promotion of their welfare is given absolute priority in all activities
- Develop administration systems pertaining to the post
- Attend and participate in internal and external meetings and forums
- To take responsibility for your own professional development – supervision, appraisal and training
- To actively participate in monthly supervision
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of him/herself and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions and co-operate with management to enable management to carry out their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act. Employees have equal responsibility with the company for health and safety at work
- This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and you are expected to share this commitment
- To undertake any other duties that could reasonably fall within the scope of this post
- Experience in sales, customer care or account management environment
- A proven track record in obtaining and maintaining clients, increasing sales or providing customer support solutions
- Demonstrate experience in producing clear, accurate and concise reports and correspondence using IT software packages
- Experience of utilising a range of IT programmes and maintaining database systems
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday in your first year
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a further day off)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Fostertalk membership
- Optional Private healthcare scheme
Send you CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.