0800 389 0143
Placements Officer, £20,000 per annum based on experience - 35 hours per week - Permanent - Full time- Harrow
Do you want to work for a Foster Care agency that has been graded as 'Outstanding’ by Ofsted?
Do you want to work for a Foster Care agency that cares as much about its staff as it does about their children and young people?
If you answered yes to the above questions then Nexus Fostering are looking for a person just like you!
Main Purpose of Job
The Placements Officer will respond to placement requests and identify placement and service solutions. In addition they will develop relationships with Local Authority Placement Teams, promote vacancies, undertake associated administration and contractual functions, to ensure the highest possible standard of appropriate placements for children and young people referred to Nexus Fostering.
• Receive referrals, make appropriate matching decisions and record relevant information concerning children and young people on to the company’s database.
• In consultation with the Placements Manager and the Director ensure that each child or young person placed is carefully matched with a carer capable of meeting their needs.
• Maintain a database of information relating to referrals, customers, children, young people and foster carers, including records of movements of children within the agency. Provide statistical information on referral and placement trends to inform service development.
• Liaise with all stakeholders regarding the placement of children and young people, ensuring all relevant agreements are obtained and completed.
• Obtain funding agreements and complete Local Authority Contracts, Pre-Placement and Individual Placement Agreements.
• Liaise with Local Authority Customers to promote the services of Nexus Fostering.
• Ensure that the protection of children and the promotion of their welfare is given absolute priority in all activities.
• Develop administration systems pertaining to the post.
• Attend and participate in internal and external meetings and forums.
• To take responsibility for your own professional development – supervision, appraisal and training.
• To actively participate in monthly supervision.
• Maintain the system for recording Local Authority details.
• Co-ordinate the annual review process agency wide.
• To take reasonable care for the health and safety of him/herself and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions and co-operate with management to enable management to carry out their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act. Employees have equal responsibility with the company for health and safety at work.
• This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and you are expected to share this commitment.
• To undertake any other duties that could reasonably fall within the scope of this post.
Who we are?
Nexus Fostering is a well-established and highly regarded fostering agency. Set up in 2002 by qualified and experienced social workers. Nexus Fostering place a high premium on the quality of support and care we provide to every one of our Foster Carers and, in turn, the children and young people placed with them. Nexus Fostering has been awarded 'Outstanding’ by Ofsted.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
• 28 days holiday in your first year
• Birthday day off
• Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a further day off)
• Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
• Fostertalk membership
• Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme
• Optional Private healthcare scheme.
Please apply with your CV and an application form will be sent to you
CV to: email@example.com