become a foster carer!
Fostering Manager - £43,000 - £46,000 per annum based on experience - 37 hours per week – Permanent - Full time – Anglia Office
Do you want to work for a Foster Care agency that has been graded as 'Outstanding’ by Ofsted?
Do you want to work for a Foster Care agency that cares as much about its staff as it does about their children and young people?
If you answered yes to the above questions then Nexus Fostering are looking for a person just like you!
Main Purpose of Job
Fostering Manager will be responsible for the day to day management and the development of the social work team. They will:-
- Be responsible for the local team that supports our foster carers, and the children and young people in foster placements.
- Be responsible for the supervision, support and development of foster carers and for the quality of social work carried out in the local area.
- Be fully conversant with the Fostering Regulations, National Minimum Standards and current childcare law.
- Formal supervision, management, guidance and support of social work staff ensuring tasks are completed in an effective and efficient manner.
- Support Area Manager through consultation, supervision and discussion.
- Ensure children and young people in placement are visited regularly in line with Nexus Fostering procedures, and referred for specialist services as appropriate.
- Ensure foster carers and their children are visited regularly in line with Nexus Fostering procedures and offered training.
- Ensure foster carers are annually reviewed in line with regulatory framework.
- Identify appropriate placements.
- Undertake office based duties and the matching of both emergency and planned referrals to available resources.
- Ensure recording systems for children, carers and staff are established and maintained in line with Nexus Fostering procedures.
- To ensure prompt and procedurally correct response to any safeguarding matter in any context.
- Ensure statutory regulations are fulfilled relating to good professional fostering practice.
- Liaise and negotiate with Local Authorities in relation to children in placement.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of him/herself and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions and co-operate with management to enable management to carry out their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act. Employees have equal responsibility with the company for health and safety at work.
- To take part in our out of hours support and advice service for all foster carers.
- To cover meetings for staff e.g. conferences/reviews, alongside the Area Manager
- To actively participate in supervision and continue to develop skills and knowledge in relation to the field of childcare and fostering.
- To ensure that all administration required for placements is undertaken efficiently and promptly.
- To undertake any other duties that could reasonably fall within the scope of this post.
Fostering Manager will:
- Approve expenses forms
- Complete annual appraisals for all social work staff
- Approve spending and purchase of items in line with set limits
This job description sets out the major duties associated with the stated purpose of the post. It is assumed that the other duties of a similar level/nature undertaken within the section are not excluded simply because they are not itemised.
The duties of the post could vary from time to time as a result of new legislation, changes in technology or policy changes and in that case appropriate training may be given to enable the post holder to undertake this new/varied work.
- Dip SW/CQSW/Social Work Degree/GSCC registration/PQ award and current HCPC registration.
- Management skills
- Full clean driver’s licence and supply own vehicle
Who we are?
Nexus Fostering is a well-established and highly regarded fostering agency. Set up in 2002 by qualified and experienced social workers. Nexus Fostering place a high premium on the quality of support and care we provide to every one of our Foster Carers and, in turn, the children and young people placed with them. Nexus Fostering has been awarded 'Outstanding’ by Ofsted.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday in your first year
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a further day off)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Fostertalk membership
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme
- Optional Private healthcare scheme.
Please apply with your CV and an application form will be sent to you
CV to: email@example.com