become a foster carer!
£17,000 - £24,000 per annum
Nexus Fostering is an Ofsted rated 'Outstanding’ Independent Fostering Agency. We work in close partnership with local authorities to identify and meet the needs of their children, and provide safe and secure placements.
We are looking for a passionate, determined and supportive Family Support Worker to join the team. As Family Support Worker you will support the fostering household and children/young people in placement, according to their needs as defined by the Placement Plan. You will work closely with the Supervising Social Worker and Area Manager to enhance placement stability and to build positive relationships with the children/young people and fostering household.
- Work closely with the Supervising Social Worker to deliver support to foster carers and foster placements through a range of interventions which may include but is not restricted to:
- Direct work with the child in one-to-one relationships and in support of participation in activity which is beneficial to them
- Communication with the allocated supervising social worker of developments, risks, progress and events in order to inform planning for the child and young person and for their needs to be met
- Programmes of work identified in Care Plans and other formal forums
- Day-care activity to provide respite to the placement
- Preparation for independence work
- Attendance with the carer and child/young person to appointments etc. where a second adult may be of value
- Attendance where required and contribution to meetings in respect of the child or young person, including provision of written reports and contribution to safeguarding plans and risk assessment
- Support of team activity in the promotion of Participation
- Working flexible hours, including non-office hours and at weekends, to support children and young people outside of school hours
- Attend and participate in events aimed at recruiting prospective foster carers
- Complete initial visits to households expressing an interest in fostering
- Contribute to planning activity days for foster carer families and children and young people and attend and participate in these
- Complete the annual statutory unannounced visits to approved fostering households as requested
The FSW may be allocated specific duties according to the needs of a placement. These include but are not restricted to:
- Direct work with the child as directed by a clinical team - e.g. targeted interventions to address behavioural issues, self-harm or social isolation
- Visits and telephone contact with foster carers according to defined schedules
- Maintenance of recordings according to specific guidance for the task
- One-to-one support to young people within the community in a recreational context to promote and practice pro-social behaviour and problem-solving skills.
- Support a young person’s progress in the Nexus Fostering 360 foster placement through working with them in the community, in leisure activities or at school, within a therapeutic framework. Specifically, to provide one to one support to young people, and provide necessary respite for carers.
- Child Care experience
- Preferable - understanding of challenging behaviours and trauma
- To have understanding of the needs of looked after children
- Good organisational skills
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- Generous Annual Leave - 28 days PLUS your Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Birthday Leave - a paid day off for your birthday
- Good Health Days - no sickness in a 6 month period and get an additional day off!
- Refer A Friend Scheme with a monetary incentive
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Platform that provides access to advice and support 24/7
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Optional Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
Everyone is welcome…
Diversity and Inclusion are the principles for how we build our teams and Nexus Fostering strives to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are valued and celebrated. We want a workforce which represents the communities we serve and work to ensure no applicant or employee is treated unfairly on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion or identity. We recognise and value the individual differences and contributions of all employees and believe that by working together we can achieve equality for all.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.