become a foster carer!
Deputy Area Manager
Full Time/Part Time (4 days)
£33,000 - £44,000
Nexus Fostering is an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ Independent Fostering Agency. We work in close partnership with local authorities to identify and meet the needs of their children, to provide safe, secure and therapeutic placements.
Due to the success and subsequent growth in Nexus Fostering, we are looking for a passionate, driven and strategic Deputy Area Manager to join our team. This is a fantastic opportunity to lead an enthusiastic team who are dedicated to improving the outcomes and lives of looked after children.
- To operate within current legislation, regulations and guidance set out for Fostering Services.
- To support the Area Manager and the local team through consultation, supervision and discussion and to deputise for the Area Manager in their absence.
- To provide support and advice to the local staff team and attend meetings as allocated by the Area Manager.
- To participate in the active recruitment of foster carers.
- To undertake assessments of foster carers and present written reports to the fostering panel.
- To assist in preparation training for prospective foster carers.
- To participate and present post-approval training for foster carers.
- To undertake office based duties and the matching of both emergency and planned referrals to available fostering households.
- To take part in the local out of hours support and advice service for foster carers.
- To manage a caseload of foster carers and the children and young people placed with them, providing a high level of supervision and support.
- To participate actively in supervision and continue to develop skills and knowledge in relation to the field of childcare and fostering.
- To ensure that all administration required for placements is undertaken efficiently and promptly, keeping accurate and up to date records of visits to foster carers, meetings, significant occurrences etc.
- To co-operate and communicate fully with Local Authority staff as appropriate.
- To ensure prompt and procedurally correct response to any safeguarding matter in any context.
- To participate in the procedure for annual and other reviews of fosters carers.
- To operate as a full team member, co-operating with demands of agency and other staff
- To provide supervision to student social workers undertaking professional training and assigned to this agency.
- To provide supervision to newly qualified Social Workers completing their post qualification AYSE training.
- To provide supervision of other staff as delegated by the Area Manager.
- To maintain client confidentiality in accordance with GDPR and other guidance.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your acts and omissions and co-operate with managers to enable them to carry out their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act. Employees have equal responsibility with the company for health and safety at work.
- This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and you are expected to share this commitment.
- To undertake any other duties that could reasonably fall within the scope of this post.
Duties in the absence of Area Manager:
- Authorise expenses.
- Agree annual leave and TOIL in line with local agreements.
- Sign off monthly spending and purchase of items in line with the limits set for Area Managers.
- Offer staff supervision.
- To be the local decision maker; including referrals.
- In the long term absence of the Area Manager, attend management meetings.
Deputies need to liaise with the Assistant Director concerning:
- All outreach requested in the absence of the Area Manager.
- Any serious concerns about carers.
- All safe guarding issues.
- Notice letters.
- Financial expenditure over the agreed limit.
- Complex casework issues.
Additional local roles may include:
- A supervisory element e.g. Independent fostering assessors, outreach workers, students
- To cover meetings for staff e.g. conferences/reviews, alongside the Area Manager
- Recognised Social Work Qualification, CQSW, CSS, DipSW
- GSCC registration
- Post qualifying experience of fostering or looked after children work
- Experience of assessing and supervising foster carers.
- Knowledge and understanding of safe guarding issues.
- Knowledge of relevant current childcare legislation and current legislation, regulations and guidance set out for fostering services.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday in your first year
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a further day off after probation)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Fostertalk membership
- Optional Private healthcare scheme
Everyone is welcome…
Diversity and Inclusion are the principles for how we build our teams and Nexus Fostering strives to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are valued and celebrated. We want a workforce which represents the communities we serve and work to ensure no applicant or employee is treated unfairly on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion or identity. We recognise and value the individual differences and contributions of all employees and believe that by working together we can achieve equality for all.
Send your application to: email@example.com