make an enquiry!
Team Manager – up to £41,000 per annum based on experience - 37 hours per week - Permanent - Full time – Ampthill
Do you want to work for a Foster Care agency that cares as much about its staff as it does about their children and young people?
If you answered yes to the above questions, then Nexus Fostering are looking for a person just like you!
Main Purpose of Job
To provide range of tasks necessary for the recruitment, assessment, training, support and supervision of foster carers for independent fostering agency.
To ensure all children/young people’s outcomes are improving in placements
To deputise as required for the Area Manager.
- To operate within the current legislation, regulations and guidance set out for Fostering Services.
- To support the Area Manager and the Area team through consultation, supervision and discussion and to deputise for the Area Manager in their absence.
- To provide support and advice to other social work staff and/or attend meetings as allocated by the Area Manager.
- To participate in the active recruitment of foster carers.
- To undertake professional assessments of foster carers, (currently Form F model) and present written reports to the fostering panel.
- To assist in preparation training for prospective foster carers.
- To participate and present post-approval training for foster carers.
- To undertake office based duties and the matching of both emergency and planned referrals to available resources.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of him/herself and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions and co-operate with management to enable management to carry out their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act. Employees have equal responsibility with the company for health and safety at work.
- This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and you are expected to share this commitment.
- To undertake any other duties that could reasonably fall within the scope of this post
Deputies need to liaise with the Assistant Director concerning:
- Any outreach that is requested in the absence of the Area Manager.
- Any serious concerns about carers.
- All child protection issues.
- Notice letters.
- Financial expenditure over the agreed limit.
- Complex casework issues.
- A supervisory element e.g. Form F assessors, outreach workers, students
- To cover meetings for staff e.g. conferences/reviews, alongside the area manager
The duties of the post could vary from time to time as a result of new legislation, changes in technology or policy changes and in that case appropriate training may be given to enable the post holder to undertake this new/varied work.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday in your first year
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a further day off)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Fostertalk membership
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme
- Optional Private healthcare scheme.
Please apply with your CV to email@example.com and an application form will be sent to you