make an enquiry!
Area Manager - £45,000 - per annum based on experience - 37 hours per week - Permanent - Full time – Covering London & Ampthill Offices.
Do you want to work for a Foster Care agency that cares as much about its staff as it does about their children and young people?
If you answered yes to the above questions, then Nexus Fostering are looking for a person just like you!
Main Purpose of Job
As a senior member of staff, the Area Manager will play a significant role in the development of Nexus Fostering. The Area Manager will:
- Be responsible for managing and developing the local social work team(s) that support foster carers, children and young people in foster placements.
- Be responsible (alongside other relevant individuals) for the recruitment, training, assessment, approval, supervision, support and development of foster carers and for the quality of social work carried out in the local area.
- Formal supervision and management of all/some staff in the local office.
- Management, guidance and support of local administrative and support staff thus ensuring administrative tasks are completed in an effective and efficient manner.
- Attend the Operational Management Group (OMG) and report to the OMG and Senior Management Team (SMT).
- Allocate new tasks and responsibilities within the team.
- Ensure children and young people in placement are visited regularly in line with Nexus Fostering procedures, and referred for specialist services as appropriate.
- Ensure foster carers and their children are visited regularly in line with Nexus Fostering procedures and offered training.
- Ensure foster carers are annually reviewed in line with regulatory framework.
- Establish and maintain support groups for foster carers.
- Consult with Placements Manager to identify appropriate placements.
- Delegated responsibility for local finance approval and accountability with responsibility for local budget.
- This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and you are expected to share this commitment.
- To undertake any other duties that could reasonably fall within the scope of this post.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday in your first year
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a further day off)
- Auto Enrolment pension scheme
- Fostertalk membership
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity scheme
- Optional private healthcare scheme.
Please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and an application form will be sent to you