become a foster carer!
£16,000 - £19,000
Nexus Fostering is an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ Independent Fostering Agency. We work in close partnership with local authorities to identify and meet the needs of their children, to provide safe, secure and therapeutic placements.
We are currently looking for an organised, proactive and skilled Administrator to join our team. As Area Administrator, you will work as part of the team undertaking a range of administration support.
- Answer the telephone, take messages and ensure the appropriate person is informed.
- Maintain Charms files with any new information as advised by local team or head office.
- Manage and maintain stationery supplies.
- Type correspondence, reports and other items as requested.
- Responsible for buying and sending out cards to all children and foster carers.
- To undertake the opening and closing of the office, meeting and greeting visitors and foster carers who come to the office.
- Invite carers to training/events and produce certificates for carer portfolios.
- Make calls to supported placements as directed by Project Manager and minute TATC meetings.
- Collate ‘well done’ achievements for children’s newsletter.
- Ensure local Daisy phone system has all relevant and up to date numbers stored.
- Allocate KCA courses to newly approved carers and keep SSW up to date with achievers.
- Organise summer events and carer Christmas meals.
- Assist with the organisation of participation events with the local team.
- Undertake continuing Charms training to support the local area team/carers.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing post.
- Updating diary/calendar system in office.
- Photocopying, scanning and shredding.
- Maintain petty cash and monthly financial workbook and credit card charges.
- Responsible for the ordering of non-stationary items, matching the invoices to the order and passing to Head Office for payment.
- Set up new carer induction packs.Chase annual review paperwork to ensure Review Manager has information in a timely manner.
- Assist team with factual information for review paperwork – Section 1 (if time permits).
- Archive files as and when necessary.
- Responsibility for maintaining tidiness in the office and cleaners.
- To actively participate in monthly supervision
- Undertake file audits as requested by the team manager.
- Provide stats for team meetings to ensure any relevant tasks are not out of date.
- Provide admin support to facilitate any training in the local area. – organising of setting up room and equipment and catering.
- Ensure there is a supply of tea, coffee, refreshments and all office consumables within the office.
- Participate in training pertinent to the role.
- To maintain client confidentiality in accordance with GDPR and other guidance.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your acts and omissions and co-operate with managers to enable them to carry out their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act. Employees have equal responsibility with the company for health and safety at work.
- This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and you are expected to share this commitment.
- To undertake any other duties that could reasonably fall within the scope of this post
- RSA Typing or typing speed of no less than 35 words per minute
- Administration work experience in an office environment
- Experience of utilising a range of IT programmes and maintaining database systems.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word & Excel.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Ability to work with a degree of autonomy, in a flexible and creative manner, whilst observing policies and procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to assimilate new technology and systems quickly.
- Attention to detail and the ability to complete work accurately and to deadlines.
- Willingness to contribute to effective supervision.
- Commitment to carrying out all agency responsibilities in an anti-discriminatory manner.
- Ability to self-motivate, be proactive and work on own initiative
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday in your first year
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a further day off after probation)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Fostertalk membership
- Optional Private healthcare scheme
Everyone is welcome…
Diversity and Inclusion are the principles for how we build our teams and Nexus Fostering strives to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are valued and celebrated. We want a workforce which represents the communities we serve and work to ensure no applicant or employee is treated unfairly on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion or identity. We recognise and value the individual differences and contributions of all employees and believe that by working together we can achieve equality for all.
Send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org